$HTTP_SESSION_VARS and $_SESSION don't magically update when you add a session variable with session_register().

Jed R. Brubaker wrote:

I have a quirky problem that should be a breeze for someone who is smarter
than I.

I have a script where I am registering a HTML form post variable as a
session variable and then echo it. In the real script I use it in a MySQL
query, but for the sake of this post, here is the "script":

$user1 = $HTTP_POST_VARS["user1"];
session_register("user1");
echo $HTTP_SESSION_VARS["user1"];

This doesn't work, however, if I hit the refresh button the var miraculously
appears!
What am I doing wrong?

--
The above message is encrypted with double rot13 encoding.  Any unauthorized attempt to decrypt it will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.