--- Dara Dowd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have the following headers in download.php which forces
> a download dialog box to be opened when a user clicks on
> a desired file:
>
> header("Content-type: application/octet");
> header("Content-Length: $filelength");
> header("Content-Disposition: attachment;
> filename=".basename($fname).";");
>
> This works fine with IE, but Mozilla adds a '.php'
> extension to the filename if i choose the save option,
> and asks me to choose which application to use if I want
> to open the file.

What is the value of $fname? If you are trying to tell it
the name of your script, then that is why Mozilla names it
so. The filename directive should be the filename you want
assigned to whatever you are sending the browser.

Also, I think you mean to say application/octet-stream, but
I don't feel like looking it up. I suggest double-checking
that value.

Chris