I'm using PHP 4.2.3, Apache 1.2.24 on OpenBSD 3.1.
(http://ardvark.upnix.net/phpinfo.php)

I'm running a fairly busy server that has a number of virtual hosts.
Safe mode is off, I don't (and never did) use open_basedir anywhere and
my php.ini file is the default one (untouched) from my PHP install.

At random times a PHP will give the error:

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory
in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed opening '/php/page/I/happen/to/be/looking/at.php' for
inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

A simple hit of the reload button will make it go away. This error has
showed up on every kind of page. From a Squirrel Mail page, to simple
php_info() page.

Now, that being said, I'm certainly not the only person with this
problem. I see it in the mailing lists with no responses, and there have
been a few bug reports, which have been closed or dismissed as "Bogus"
(which is concerning in itself)
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=15302
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=12995

So I'm in need of a little help here. If I've done something obviously
wrong, please point it out. If you've also had this problem, I'd
appreciate you sharing it. But I'm running a setup that hasn't changed
-at all- for months and this is an error that's just popped up today.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Cameron