From: "Evan Nemerson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Stephen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 2:24 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Base64 Encode

: What about $_GET['goto']??? Sounds like another register_globals issue.
Also,
: instead of base64 encoding, you may want to use the rawurlencode and
: rawurldecode functions.
:
:
:
: On Saturday 01 February 2003 07:02 pm, Stephen wrote:
: > I have a PHP script that works on older versions of PHP but on 4.3, it
: > outputs nothing. Here's my code:
: >
: > <?php
: > echo '<SCRIPT language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">'."\n"
: >     ."\n".'if (document.location == top.location)'."\n"
: >     .'  top.location="home.php?goto='
: >        .base64_encode($_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]).'";'."\n"
: >     .'</SCRIPT>';
: > ?>
: >
: > The problem is, when it redirects, the URL variable goto is empty. I'm
: > assuming this has something to do with base64_encode. Since this code
: > snipet is on every page of my site, it'd be a hard hassle to change it
so
: > is there a setting in PHP I need to tweak or should I set aside a few
hours
: > to edit this code? If the latter, what should I change it to?
: >
: > Thanks,
: > Stephen Craton
: > http://www.melchior.us
: >
: > "What's the point in appearance if your true love, doesn't care about
: > it?" -- http://www.melchior.us
:
: --
: If anyone can show me, and prove to me, that I am wrong in thought or
deed, I
: will gladly change. I seek the truth, hich never yet hurt anybody. It is
only
: persistence in elf-delusion and ignorance which does harm.
:
: -Marcus Aurelius
:
: