Hello,
    I am running into an issue where when a user inputs an apostrophie '
into the textarea section of my form, it will generate an error in the SQL
statement.
    I have narrowed down the issue to this snippet of code:

$insertQuery = "INSERT INTO changeLog(vendorNumber, newVendorNumber,
oldName, newName, changedBy, dateChanged, comments)
VALUES('$vendorNumber','$newVendorNumber','$oldName','$newName','$changedBy'
,'$dateChanged','$comments')";

    The thing that is causing this issue is the use of apostrophies to
designate my variables in the SQL query.  How do I rewrite this to avoid
this issue?

Thanks,

Mike Hilty