Object oriented programming in php has better logic thus is more
suitable for more complex jobs. It also makes maintenance easier,
although you have to write a bit more code

-----Original Message-----
From: anders thoresson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 3:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] when is OOP a good choice?

I've just started to read about - and will soon try to write - object
oriented code. I think I've got the basics both from the PHP-books I
have,
and from various sources on the web.

But nowhere have I read a good explanation to two of my questions:

 1. What are the main benefits from OOP?
 2. When is OOP a good choice for a PHP script, and when is ordinary
functions a better call?

--
anders thoresson