Hi, all --

Yes, I'm back again with another upload question.  I promise I've been
paying attention in class, but I just can't get this to work!

The default upload_max_filesize in my php.ini was 2M, but I changed it to
200M and restarted the server, and now phpinfo() reports 200M.  I created
a dinky little upload form, which is attached, to either accept an upload
or tell me that it got one, and I can successfully upload files of 7M
(much bigger than the original 2M).  After initial failures, I added a
hidden form field MAX_FILE_SIZE as has been suggested (but sometimes
contested) in other posts.  I still cannot, however, upload anything
larger; a 9M file as well as some 30M and 40M tests just doesn't appear.

I have only 5-10M of my 256M available, but I have 90M of swap free and
over 1G free on /, the monolithic root partition.

Now I'm at a loss for where to turn to fix this.  It would seem that
everything is in place!  Is there an apache directive that I need as
well, perhaps?

TIA & HAND

:-D
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"

<?php

/*
  boring stuff:
    vi: wm=0:tw=0
    $Id: $
*/

  print
    "

      <head>
        <title>
          Send me some files!
        </title>
      </head>

    " ;
  #print(exec("id"));   ###
  #phpinfo() ;  ###
  if ( $_FILES[uploads] )
  {
    print "I HAVE _FILES!<br>\n" ;      ###
    print "<pre>\n";    ###
    print_r($_FILES);
    print "</pre>\n";   ###
  }
  else
  {
  print
    "
        OK, buddy.  Time to send me some files.

        <form action='/upload.php' method='post' enctype='multipart/form-data'>
          <input name='MAX_FILE_SIZE' type='hidden' value='200000000'>
          <input name='uploads[]' type='file'><br>
          <input type='submit' value='submit'>
        </form>

    " ;
  }