What is your question? What errors are you getting?

Here's a couple articles that you should read. Both
include code that accomplishes what you are after.

A Complete, Secure User Login System
http://phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20000505.php3

Building a Members Area with PHP: Part 1/6
http://www.devarticles.com/art/1/241
(you can find the other 5 parts)

olinux