At 15:49 19.02.2003, Sidar Lopez Cruz spoke out and said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
>1, What i got to do for manages sessions in my RedHat 8,
>2, What i got to do for manages cookies in my RedHat 8,
>
>I try to use session vars, but no work
>
>I try to use cookies, and when i open two browser, the same cookie is in two
>browser... this is a problem,
>
>I need to carry the user_id in my site, during the cookie life, when use
>cookies, the problems begin... always got the same cookie, in any browser
>that i open...
--------------------[snip]--------------------

Cookies are always used by the browser within all windows (from the same
browser). You may either instruct clients to use two different browsers
(IE, Netscape) at the same time, which seems quite impractical, or simply
disable cookies and go with url-based session variables: in your php.ini
file, locate the entry "session.use_cookie" and set it to 0:
    session.use_cookie = 0
Then restart Apache.

This will allow you to use different session ids within the same browser.
However you need to find a mechanism to split that up - if a client works
on your site and opens a new window with the same url (Ctrl+N, e.g.), the
window will initially have the same url, hence the same session id. There's
nothing you can do to detect if the request for a particular session comes
from another browser window.

--
   >O Ernest E. Vogelsinger
   (\) ICQ #13394035