  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 8:41 PM
  Subject: Re: [PHP] excluding same field values in mysql

  In a message dated 2/19/2003 5:22:19 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

    in the example above i want to only use one of those addresses since they
    would end up getting 2 emails and that wouldnt look right..

    code i have so far is:
    <?php
    //connect to db stuff here
    $query=mysql_query("select company, Email from members");
    while($mail=mysql_fetch_array($query)){
    mail($mail[Email], $subject, $message, "from: $sender");
    echo "mail was sent to: $mail[company]
    ";
    }
    echo "go back to main menu";
    ?>

    works fine except only using an email address 1 time if more than one of the
    same email..

    anybody have any ideas how to fix this?

  I don't know why you are selecting company, but it you didn't, you could use the
following query.

  select DISTINCT Email from members

  That would eliminate duplicate email addresses.

  Janet

  ---