--- Joseph Bannon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1) How are sessions different from cookies other than
> where the information is stored?

Cookies are a state management mechanism. PHP's session management (depending
on how it is configured, of course) uses either cookies or URL variables for
maintaining state, depending upon whether the Web client returns cookies.

> 2) Does session data stored on the server
> automatically delete after a certain time?

Reading between the lines here, I would answer yes, though it is not
technically automatic. As with most things, it is event driven.

> 3) Is a session id created for each user per each
> browser or just per each user?

For each user, because PHP scans their retina for user identification. Just
kidding, of course. A new session ID is created whenever the Web client dooes
not send one (via cookie or URL variable, as mentioned above).

Chris