thanks for your reply

> What I do in these cases is either having <PARAM name=movie.swf?var1=text
the first thing you mention is exactly the problem I'm having since the
file.swf?var=xxx
makes iexplore reload it

> Or use a file (something.php) which spits text like var1=xxxx&var2=xxxx.
> Flash can read that file and get the variables
the second one is not a possibility, because I need flash to have the vars
before operating. the variables are used to call on another php-script for
conetnt-details. (for instance: file.swf?id=23 will make flash call on
content.php?id=23 for relevant content)

anybody else for other options?

original question:
> i want to pass variables to a shockwave-flash-file
> currently that's working fine with
>
> print " <PARAM NAME=movie

VALUE=\"$movie?idlinks=$idlinks&idcontent=$idcontent&idknoppen=$idknoppen\">