As long as your headers/footers are static, you could define them as
constants, include just the script that defines the constants, and do a
print(SOME_FOOTER_NAME); where you want them to appear.

-----Original Message-----
From: CF High [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 5:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Sitewide Header & Footer Includes || Trouble with
Relative Paths..........

Hmmmmmm........

Sounds like a good idea, but we've got quite a few includes in our site, not
to mention variable image paths (i.e. images/headers, images/groups, etc.)
Seems like a lot of work to create & maintain this config file + load the
references on each page.

Maybe I'm just lazy, but I wonder if there is isn't a more direct way to
modularize a site?

I'll check out your idea in any case as I haven't come up with a better
solution myself.

Thanks for the feedback,

--Noah

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]