u might have something on the ownership issue.

i ran into the same thing... play with php's "chown" command.
look it up php.net may help, i was having a similar issue a few months back.

Joel

"John Taylor-Johnston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Stephen,
>
> It seems like I wen tdown that road once?
> I'm wondering/remembering two things to check?
>
> First what are the permissions of the directory your are working in? Go up
one level and see what the CHMOD was on that?

> Second, it might be immaterial and I'm not sure how to do it on a command
line, but who is the owner of the files you are trying to delete? Seriously!
Maybe your script does not have the permission to delete them? With CuteFTP,
I can read who the owner of a file is. I know this was an issue for me once,
but I don't remember why.

> Craton wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm having a few problems with deleting items. When I do the unlink()
> > function, it gives me a permission denied error. For example..here's the
> > code:
> >
> >     unlink($this->currentfolder().'/packs/'.$title.'/'.$intname);
> >
> > Here's the error returned:
> >
> >     Warning: unlink() failed (Permission denied) in

/usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/piw.melchior.us/httpdocs/phpiw/classes/class.
> > delete.php on line 45
> >
> > The problem with all this is, I dynamically create the directories and
files
> > and dynamically CHMOD them all to 777 with no problems. I don't see why
I'm getting all this! Please help ASAP! Thanks in advance!