if require is used to include the 'same file', say, twice that file will be
loaded twice. This can of course cause errors (such as resulting from the
redefinition of functions within this file). In contrast the require_once
construct will only load a file 'once' irrespective of the number of times
it is subsequently called to do so (thereby preventing such errors arising).

I would imagine (but am not certain) that there may be a slight speed
penalty in using require_once as opposed to require.

David

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]