Allright, we managed to get to send emails thru an SMTP, but now we need to
know which email DID get to the recipient and which didn't. Our smtp class
supports basic error message but as soon as the message is outbound from
this server, which is most oftenly the case, the class always returns
success. Allright we can live with that. But our mass mailing software using
this class needs to keep track of which client of our numerous members gets
the email.

The only solution we though of which is very risky, is to:

Setup a mass mailing account for each client and send emails as if they
where the mass mailer
Then a robot is in charge of scanning the inbox for returned postmaster
messages and parse it to find the error such as "unknown user".

The problem is, all pop servers from the recipients anwser with different
email formats and error numbers. Does anyone know how i could fix this
problem. Keep in mind that this is one statistic we have to compile:

Who received and who didn't receive (Not who looked at email or Not, this is
another stats for which we already have the solution)

Mathieu Dumoulin
Web solution Programmer Analyst