Greetings All...

Usually I am helping others on the list but this time I am asking for
help!!

I was wondering if someone could offer some clarity for me as
my years of using Apache has never seen the following as a possibility.

Background: This server is using PHP along with Apache

If a server (entire box) was I/O bound and wasn't coping with the load
then
would Apache simple close the connection (I think this) or serve a 404
error.

The reason for asking this is not that I have gone Mad but that a
consulting firm is trying to tell us that our server is I/O bound
and serving 404 errors.  I just can't see how.

Thanks to all.

Timothy Hitchens (HiTCHO)
Web Application Consulting
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]