At 10:21 03.03.2003, Cranky said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
>I have a website and all my files are *.php3
>I would like to change the extensions of all files to *.php
>
>So I would like to know if there is a way perhaps with a .htaccess file to
>say that the file .php3 must be redirect to the same file but in *.php
>
>So when I try to access this page :
>http://www.my-site.com/page.php3?param=value
>
>I will access this page :
>http://www.my-site.com/page.php?param=value
--------------------[snip]--------------------

If you have the ability to use mod-rewrite, you can do

    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}              ^.*\.php3.*$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)\.php3(.*)$              $1.php$2 [L]

This can be done either in the general configuration, within <VirtualHost>,
or within <Directory>.

I am using exactly this stuff to allow legacy links to a site that has been
developed in Python (*.py) to access the same URLs as PHP files.

--
   >O     Ernest E. Vogelsinger
   (\)    ICQ #13394035
    ^     http://www.vogelsinger.at/