I've been attempting to figure out regex, and I've realized I need to start over from scratch. And get lots of help!

I'm inputting a text file containing html which will contain this:

I need to be able to match this string via a variable. I would like to put everything from the "<a href>" to the "<td nowrap>" into a variable so I can parse it later. I think I can do that bit on my own.

So I "borrowed" some code from another source, but I need an algorithm that will match the above chunk of html.

I give it the name:

$name = "IBM";

and it matches everything from the "<a href>" to the "<td nowrap>".

if (preg_match("/ <a href> part using $name(.*?)<td nowrap>/", $line, $out)) {

       $title = $out[1];
       break;
echo "$title";

I can't figure out how to escape all the parts of:

Do the other parts look okay?