> Hello all, I have 2 questions that have come up because I have several
> long reports that can take 1-2 minutes to run.  These are run from any
> web client thru our linux -> apache -> php -> mysql system.
>
> 1)server keeps working after client disconnects
> If a php script is running and it may take 1-3 minutes, and I hit escape
> or close my web browser window, the script keeps running.  I can see it
> in top, consuming lots of cpu and sometimes ram.  Why doesn't apache and
> the php4.so notice the closed tcp connection and abort the script?  Is
> there a way to make this happen?

Yes, this happens by default, but we can only catch it if we try to write
something to the socket and get an error back.  If you are processing and
not outputting anything, there is no way for us to tell.  If you are able
to write out some sort of progress indicator during your processing then
it would work.

> 2)session_start() blocks

This sounds odd.  session_start() should not be blocking.  What sort of
backend datastore are you using for your sessions?

-Rasmus