"and do my language support according to that."

ok thats the next thing i'm going to ask how do you do your language support
and how accurate is it ?

we run a service for multi-cultures and a dynamic translation from english
content would be excellent, i have noticed most of the language moudles only
handle predefined messages ???

plus i changed my language settin and it didnt work on the php site
"Richard Baskett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Take a look at: http://www.php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.php and
> scroll down to the HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE constant.
>
> When you set your language variable within your browser, the
> HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE constant can be accessed by
> $_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE'].  It results in a two letter code,
> (usually).
>
> The way that I do it, is grab the variable and just take the first two
> letters of the variable and do my language support according to that.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Rick
>
> "As I grow to understand life less and less, I learn to live it more and
> more." - Jules Renard
>
> > From: "electroteque" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 07:46:37 +1100
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: [PHP] language translations on php site
> >
> > Set your own language preference
> > [01-Mar-2003] Starting from today, your browser's "Accept Language"
setting
> > is also honored on language sensitive pages on the php.net site. If you
> > would like to get to the documentation page of echo for example, you can
use
> > the /echo shortcut on all mirror sites, if your browser is set to
provide
> > your language preference information to the server. This also makes the
PHP
> > error message links point to the documentation in your preferred
language.

> > You can set your preferences under Edit/Preferences/Navigator/Languages
in
> > Mozilla, and under Tools/Internet Options/Languages in Internet
Explorer.