>(Just an idea...)
An idea that worked ... BUT :)
I had to leave out "id" in the insert and the select

INSERT  INTO ccl.ccl_maintest
( RNum, YR, AU, ST, SD, SC, BT, BD, BC, AT, AD, AC, SR, PL, PR, JR, VNum, INum, DT,
PG, LG, SF, OL, KW, AUS, GEO, AN, RB, CO, RR )
SELECT
id, RNum, YR, AU, ST, SD, SC, BT, BD, BC, AT, AD, AC, SR, PL, PR, JR, VNum, INum, DT,
PG, LG, SF, OL, KW, AUS, GEO, AN, RB, CO, RR
FROM jdaxell.ccl WHERE id = 24

Thanks.

> > How can I get this to use the next auto_increment of
> > id (Next Autoindex = 52)?
> What if you just remove id from your field list?
> insert into ccl.ccl_maintest (id,RNum,YR,AU,ST
>                               ^^^
>                               Here :)

John Taylor-Johnston
"If it's not open-source, it's Murphy's Law."

  ' ' '   Collège de Sherbrooke:
 ô¿ô   http://www.collegesherbrooke.qc.ca/languesmodernes/
   -     Université de Sherbrooke:
          http://compcanlit.ca/