--- In php-list@yahoogroups.com, Pete <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Marian Briones
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
> >The way people would come upon this page is by typing something like:
> >
> >www.somedomain.com/cat
> >
> >cat would be a symlink to a php page that would bring in 'cat's
> >information from the database, hence displaying cat's 'web page.'
>
> Have you looked at RewriteRule in your .htaccess?
No, what's that?  (Google time again)...

> What I don't understand, is why, if you are using a database, you need
> separate folders (as you seemed to be implying earlier)

I dumped that (lousy) idea.  Way too crude and inefficient to have a
zillion subdirs.

> type in somedomain.com/cat
> (Look up cat in a database)

Okay well how would I look up cat in the db to send the variable?

(bordering on insanity)

Thanks, Pete!  Hope I can manage to get this together before I lose
all of my hair...

> echo Hello, welcome to the homepage of <get name from database>
>
> I have a section which does just this sort of thing.
>
> --
> Pete Clark
>
> http://www.hotcosta.com
> http://www.spanishholidaybookings.com

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12htfedqv/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1705005703:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123284765/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life
- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>

Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links