I tried using crypt to write to the htpasswd file and it still isn't
doing it right; username bill and password bill came out like this:

bill:$1$UQTtAy2y$9IQPNd5iYtaks4faHMSfE1

(throwing hands hopelessly into the air)

--- In php-list@yahoogroups.com, James Keeline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- Pete <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Fine...  your file looks correct, there is nothing else to go in there
> > (as you probably realise), but the password is not correct.  You
need 13
> > characters, so MD5() is not correct.
>
> Note the -m option on:
>
> http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man1/htpasswd.1.html
>
> I have used the PHP md5() function with success in the past.  Of
course, the
> installation may be different which could affect things.
>
> If it is an issue with your system, you might care to try:
>
> http://us2.php.net/crypt
>
> James
> _____
>

> James D. Keeline
> http://www.Keeline.com  http://www.Keeline.com/articles
> http://Stratemeyer.org  http://www.Keeline.com/TSCollection
>
> http://www.ITeachPHP.com -- Free Computer Classes: Linux, PHP, etc.
> Summer Semester Begins Jun 20 -- New Classes Start Every Few Weeks.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/HKFolB/TM

Shortcut URL to this page:
Yahoo! Groups Links