I posted yesterday and no one answered; I"m wondering if this list is
having tech difficulties....

I'm having trouble with my $_FILES variable.  What my program does is
allow a person to have an image file on their web page.  So if there
is an upload, it processes it (resizes it if need be).  If they choose
to keep their old picture, it isn't supposed to do anything, but it
still seems to be passing in a $_FILES variable ANYWAY!  I did some
wrangling to have it process the image based on another field, a
checkbox that is checked showing the existing image and it indicates
to keep it if it's on ($processsimage="no")

But why is it still passing in a value for $_FILES['thefield'] anyway
when there isn't anything in that field for upload?  It poses a
problem when they are adding a page that might not have an image on it
(it's a content manager).

I hope someone can help with this perplexing problem.  I can't go back
to using globals as I am on a quest to get away from using globals
because it's a security risk, and I've been hacked already, and my ISP
would like me to change my evil, global ways and so would i!

Thanks in advance,
Marian
(Riding her Harley into the sunset)

Community email addresses: