Hi Wretha,
No, it's just a hobby as I'm still learning (I'm retired - who said retarded?).
I only *try* and answer the simpler questions as I remember when I first
started :-)

Just come up with an even more elegant way, as I've just found arrayfilter();
Saves having that awful array.

<?php
$title = "Robert <123> #*&%$£! to the Say's it and or Hello too a if to";
echo $title."<br /><br />";

$filename = strtolower($title);
$filename = preg_replace("/[^a-z ]/", "", $filename);

function smallWords($value) {
  return (strlen($value) >=4);
}
$filename = explode(" ", $filename);
$filename = array_filter($filename, "smallWords");
$filename = implode("_", $filename);

$filename = trim($filename).".html";
echo $filename;
?>

The downloadable php manual is great, but it takes a lot of wadding through.
Bob E.

p.s. Girish, you were right about implode("_", $filename);