Michael Sullivan wrote:
> My wife recently brought to my
> attention that some directors might be directing for  more than one
> school.

The best way to set this is up is with a 1-to-many table relationship.

You should have a structure of

Schools
- school id
- school name
- etc

Accompanist
- accompanist id
- accompanist name
- etc

Events
- event id
- event name
- school id
- accompanist id

Using the events table, you can store the school and the accompanist in
any combination you want without moving into arrays.

> My other question is:  Is it possible (with PHP) to determine if the
> browser has _javascript_ enabled before my web server sends the browser
> the web page?

No.  php runs on the server and is 100% done executing before it even
gets to a user's browser.

With what you want to do, there are work-arounds.  But, really, you
don't need a combo box if you have the proper database design.

Community email addresses:
  Post message: php-list@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Unsubscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]