Hi Patrick,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Bierans"
> Bob wrote:
>> Hi Patrick,
>>
>> You helped me a lot in my early stages of learning php.
>> Regards, Bob Exton.
>>
> Ah, Hi Bob - I remember. ;)
>
> That's because now I am working as a pro and nearly have no more time. ;)
> But I still read this list.
>
> PHP is now clear to me - I'm heading for mysql at freaky-level (Thinks
> most people not even know about) and javascript for a highly DOM-based
> generic programming -  It's becomming a kind of OS.  CSS was never a
> riddle to me but even there I've become far better, too.
>
> What about you?

Still learning PHP but getting a little better, though I'm no expert yet :-)
I'm reading all I can about security at the moment, as anyone using PHP seems
to be fair game.

As my server logs don't tell me much, I created my own and it's alarming to see
how many people are trying to hack in. Had a few attempts at people trying to
include there own stuff on my site, but they didn't succeed luckily.
It's made me more aware of how easy it is to let someone take over a site.

I keep getting from my log:
403 Access refused: 212.27.63.205 (perso0.free.fr)
/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?configdir=|echo;id%00

They try in different places looking for it, but it's above root. Not sure what
they would do with it, but I've heard it's a security risk.

Anyway, nice to hear from you.
Regards, Bob Exton.

Community email addresses:
  Post message: php-list@yahoogroups.com