I'd like to use PHP to execute PHP files sequentially.

For example, I'd like to run one PHP file, then another and then a third.

If I had access to a shell, I'd write a shell script to do it.  But because
the web server I'm using does not offer shell access, I'm hoping to find
a way to do the same thing using PHP.

I'd have sworn that there was a way to execute PHP code from inside
of PHP.  But all I find are the execute and include functions, and they
don't do what I need.  Execute is not implemented on my server and
include runs all files at once.

Thanks in advance, Matthew