----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob"

Hi Rob,
I'm using PHP 4.4.4 (shared server so no choice, other than moving) so can't
use file_put_contents().
You don't need to write me a complete program, just the concept and main
points.
I've got to do some of the work myself <grin>.

I've never bothered recorded $_SERVER['REMOTE_PORT'] before. What do you use
it for?
Thanks, Bob E.

p.s. Sorry I'm slow at replying at the moment as I'm rewiring my son's shop.
He's got me doing it as I work cheap. A cup of tea every hour.

------------------------------------
Hi Bob,
           Below is the additional code for php version 4.x.x compatibility.

The $_SERVER[REMOTE_PORT] was just a curiosity thing.

Thanks, Rob.

file_put_contnets for php < 5.x.x

<?php
if ( !function_exists('file_put_contents') && !defined('FILE_APPEND') )
  {
  define('FILE_APPEND', 1);
  function file_put_contents($n, $d, $flag = false)
    {
    $mode = ($flag == FILE_APPEND || strtoupper($flag) == 'FILE_APPEND') ?
'a' : 'w';
    $f = @fopen($n, $mode);
    if ($f === false)
      {