----- Original Message -----
From: Rob

<snip>

Reading the script again I cab see two possible issues that you may want to
check -

1)
function file_lock($lock_filename)
  {
  if(!($handle = file_open($lock_filename, 'w')))
    {
    return FALSE;
    }

Will opening an existing file in write mode fopen($filename, 'w') release
any previous locks on the file ??

2)
function file_passthrough($source_handle, $destination_handle)
  {
  while(!feof($source_handle))
    {
    $buffer = fread($source_handle, 4096);
    fwrite($destination_handle, $buffer);
    }
  }

I should have explained that I am somewhat of a newbe to php!
In some other languages the above will write to a RAM buffer and the buffer
will only be written to the file system when the file stream is closed.

Does php have a way to flush a steam buffer to the file system ?

I will look.

Rob.
------------------------------------
Here is the fix for the second issue -

function file_passthrough($source_handle, $destination_handle)
  {
  while(!feof($source_handle))
    {
    $buffer = fread($source_handle, 4096);