Simion Onea wrote:
I work on PHP documentation and I often usehttp://svn.php.net/viewvc  to
see the diffs in English documentation files. Before the new website theme
was implemented it was much easier to visualize the diffs: the added,
removed, modified portions were delimited with distinctive colors. But now
there is no color delimitation and the view is very "stripey" (too much
contrast between odd and even lines).
Please see this example:
http://svn.php.net/viewvc/phpdoc/en/trunk/reference/json/constants.xml?r1=296350&r2=331700&diff_format=h
Could you please adjust the styles of thehttp://svn.php.net/viewvc  to make
diffs look better?

Simon while the on-line svn mirror can be convenient, if you are doing any extensive work then the off-line facilities allow you to set up your own preferences. I adopted Hg is my own DVCS for personal projects, and this can easily access SVN and GIT hosted project and the local diff tools are very powerful. The web based displays are always going to be a compromise, but I can see what you are saying as these are well behind what other code tools provide. I've commented already on the choice of font, and because I've disabled that already, the diff pages are a lot more readable but personally I'll stick with the colour coded diffs provided off-line. http://hg.lsces.org.uk/bw/bitweaver/articles/rev/b7b922a81cfe as a quick example ... I have the phpdoc and source code mirrors available locally ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL