Hannes

We don't currently have a way to distinguish a meetup from a conference but
it's on our roadmap.  The CfP collection is actively maintained.  You can
get CfP open and close dates for all events, but they only appear in that
feed while their CfP is open.

We did not add a specific "add this to php.net" because I suspect that will
attract the spammers.  I fully expect to spend the next 18 months of my
life suggesting to event admins that they correctly tag their events -
we're also working on better user documentation and support for this
process, starting with making the tags part of the initial event
submission.  Currently the tags are not very widely used but I expect that
to change as a result of the features that are newly live or open as pull
requests.  To some extent I think we need to see how this plays out.

Hope that answers your questions.

Lorna