Edit report at https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=73918&edit=1

 ID:                 73918
 User updated by:    meghesanovidiu at yahoo dot com
 Reported by:        meghesanovidiu at yahoo dot com
 Type:               Bug
 Package:            Website problem
 PHP Version:        Irrelevant
 Assigned To:        cmb
 Block user comment: N
 Private report:     N

 New Comment:

yeah, but since i can't control what urls google returns to my search (i
already tried setting the language of the results, with no visible effects), i
expect the php site to respect my choice.

Previous Comments:
[2017-01-12 13:06:49] c...@php.net

If the language is explicitly specified in the URL, it overrides
the selected language. Compare the behavior of the following URLs
with regard to the selected language:

  <http://php.net/manual/function.strpos.php>
  <http://php.net/manual/en/function.strpos.php>
  <http://php.net/manual/ro/function.strpos.php>

Only the first URL will respect the selected language; the others
will choose the language given in the URL.

[2017-01-12 11:18:09] meghesanovidiu at yahoo dot com

i search for a php function on google, which lands me on the function page in
the php doc. it automatically selects the language (romanian for me). i choose
english.
the next time i repeat the procedure (from the search), i land again on the php
site on the romanian version so i have to change the language again. the site
should keep my language option in a cookie and respect it. it's annoying to
change it every time i come to the site...