On 1 March 2017 at 12:49, Beth Tucker Long <b...@treelinedesign.com> wrote:

> Ack, I must have messed that up when I was merging the conflict. The
> conference is now showing up on the website under conferences, but not
> under the open CfPs section. What needs to be done to get it listed there
> too?

The current setup is such that it gets added on the homepage only under one
of those two lists.

Which list is chosen, is dictated by the first <category> in the entry XML
file. In your case (i.e. in 2017-02-24-1.xml) you have two <category>
elements, and the first has term="conferences", so the entry shows up under
the "Upcoming Conferences" list on the homepage. If you were to switch the
two <category> elements, so that term="cfp" came first, then it would be
listed under "Conferences calling for papers".

This is partly why we prefer separate news entries for CfPs and more
general conference announcements. Indeed, some work [1] has been done to
enforce that.

So, back to you Beth, if you would prefer it to be listed under the CfP
list on the homepage, then we just need to swap the <category> elements
around or remove the term="conferences" one (with the latter, CfPs still
show up under php.net/conferences anyway).

Hope that helps,
Peter