Edit report at https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=81271&edit=1

 ID:                 81271
 Comment by:         ddpm at liscovius dot de
 Reported by:        chealer at gmail dot com
 Type:               Feature/Change Request
 Package:            Website problem
 PHP Version:        Irrelevant
 Block user comment: N
 Private report:     N

 New Comment:

Please add at least that category to distinguish between the bug tracker and
all the other topics.

Maybe choose the name 'bugs.php.net' for that.

There are currently open 79 issues in this ambiguous "Website problem" category
and often have often nothing in common at all.

Previous Comments:
[2021-07-24 00:52:36] chealer at gmail dot com

Having contributed to the PHP ecosystem for over 15 years on a volunteer basis,
and having contributed to PHP itself for more than a decade often without much
obligation, I find danack's comment not only appalling, but highly discouraging.

That's why I must thank salathe for standing up to defend our values, restoring
my motivation and trust in the process. Congratulations

That being said, danack is right about this issue not being a bug. Also, trying
to make this constructive, I kind of understand why triage may cause distress.
It would surely help if the ITS facilitated tracking each issue's urgency. I
encourage you to request a field to track issue importance (if that wasn't
already done).

[2021-07-18 22:55:03] sala...@php.net

> [2021-07-18 15:21 UTC] danack
>
> Reporting issues about how you find the tracker difficult
> to use, when you haven't made any contributions is not helping.
>
> Please can you stop opening issues like these until you've made
> a code contribution.

Note: the above quoted comments do not represent the views of the PHP project.

There is no requirement for any issue author to have made any sort of
contribution, code or otherwise, to any part of the PHP project before raising
a ticket in the issue tracker at bugs.php.net for any type of issue, for any
part of the project.  Requesting that an issue author stop creating tickets in
the issue tracker until they have contributed code to the project is absurd.

[2021-07-18 15:21:09] dan...@php.net

Reporting issues about how you find the tracker difficult to use, when you
haven't made any contributions is not helping.

It takes up time from people triaging the bugs, and figuring out if they need
to be urgently looked at.

Please can you stop opening issues like these until you've made a code
contribution. If you're looking for stuff to work on, the docs at
https://github.com/php/doc-en and https://github.com/php/doc-fr are there for
PRs.

[2021-07-18 15:09:26] chealer at gmail dot com

------------
This tracker categorizes tickets about meta-issues affecting this very issue
tracking system in the "PHP.net Website problem" package. There are many issues
with the ITS, but even more other php.net problems, so identifying the
ITS-specific issues is time-consuming. Several reporters tried to use
conventions about ticket titles to distinguish tickets about bugs.php.net, but
some are undesirable, and there are too many:
Starting with "[bugsnet]": https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=78962
Starting with "[bugs.php.net]": https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=67657
Starting with "[Bug tracker]": https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=70411
Starting with "[BugTracker]": https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=70411
Starting with "Issue tracker:": https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=77354
Starting with "ITS:": https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=77356

My own preference is for "Issue tracker", but even I had to use "ITS", because
my title wouldn't fit in the limited number of characters allowed had I used
the former.

Adding a unique way to specifically categorize ITS tickets would uniformize and
greatly diminish the risk of duplicate reports.

Test script:
This does not report a bug.