php-windows Digest 10 Aug 2013 20:10:49 -0000 Issue 4131

Topics (messages 31102 through 31104):

Re: Readfile() + mpg = http status 500, windows server 2012, php 5.5.1
        31102 by: Kunal Bajpai
        31104 by: Anatol Belski

Dynamic image transparency
        31103 by: Jacob Kruger

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        php-windows-digest-subscr...@lists.php.net

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        php-windows-digest-unsubscr...@lists.php.net

To post to the list, e-mail:
        php-wind...@lists.php.net

Cheers

Anatol

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Ok, along the lines of image fading, think might have found code, etc. to
handle applying form of dynamic overall transparency effect to an image, and if
so, could then cut out expanding pieces of an original image, and apply higher
levels of transparency to the bigger instances and then do something like
overlay them on each other using imagecopy() or imagecopyresize().

Either way, if you want to have a look at this page, you can tell me if it's
operating/working at all - for now just trying to make sure dynamically applied
transparency is working at all:
http://www.blindza.co.za/transparency/index.php

And, the actual code to implement the transparency is the following - from
trans.php:
<?php session_start(); ?>
<?php
$iTransValue = 127;
//if form on index.php was submitted, I set session val
if (isset($_SESSION["iTransValue"])) {
$iTransValue = intval($_SESSION["iTransValue"]);
}
$img = imagecreatefrompng("./images/razor1.png");
imagealphablending($img, false);
imagesavealpha($img , true);
$trans_colour = imagecolorallocatealpha($img , 0, 0, 0, $iTransValue);
imagefill($img , 0, 0, $trans_colour);
header('Content-Type: image/png');
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"razor1.png\"");
imagepng($img);
imagedestroy($img);
?>

Stay well