John,

I think you've missed my point. I'm currently 'exploding' by ',' to give me
sub ranges and then 'exploding' the subtranges by '-' to get the actual
start and end, adding the subtotals up for the page count. The problem is
that I want to be able to replace the different types of '-' that can come
through, without knowing what they might be using.

In short I'm looking to search for any character that is NOT one of the
following:

"0-9 cdilmvx ," and replace it with '-' [chr(45)] (I do an initial strip of
spaces at the beginning of the process).

Cheers

George