Its a simple script

$_SERVER['utilizador']='user';
$_SERVER['pass']='pass';
$_SERVER['host']='localhost or IP address';
$_SERVER['db_name']='c:/path/dbname.fdb';

include_once('DB.php');

$dsn="ibase://".$_SERVER['utilizador'].":".$_SERVER['pass']."@".$_SERVER['host']."/".$_SERVER['db_name'];

   $ligacaoBD=DB::connect($dsn);
   if (DB::isError($ligacaoBD)) {
       die($ligacaoBD->getMessage());
   }

The user has admin right on the database, and the database doesn't implement security measures like Mysql for access from other hosts.

The problem is that if i run the script on the browser it works, but on the command line on Windows machine it doesn't work

Thanks in advance
Rui Francisco

Luis Moreira wrote:
I am not exactly an expert on PEAR, but if the error says "connect failed", you are not reaching the DBand/or the server were it resides.
Check the way you are connecting :

- Is the server named correctly ?
- If the access is authenticated, are you using the correct username/password ?
- Do you have enough rights to access the DB ?
- Are you accessing the correct table ?

Luis

Rui Francisco wrote:

Hi,

I have a small problem with a PHP script with Pear DB

The problem is the following: I'm creating a shell script in  PHP that
access one interbase database.

The problem is that if i run it on a webserver the script run correctly
but if i runit in the command line it reports one error (DB Error:
connect failed).

Does anybody know what is the problem ?

Thanks in advance
Rui Francisco

--
Rui Francisco - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FCCN - Fundação para a Computação Científica Nacional