Hi,

Lately, I used getimageisize on a JPEG picture, and I got extra index in the
returned array.

>     [bits] => 8
>     [channels] => 3
> index 0 through 3 are documented but not "bits" and "channels".

I talked with Wez, and here is his conclusion :

'channels' is the number of channels;
most likely 3 for RGB images, 4 for CMYK images.

'bits' is the number of bits of information per channel.

So bits = 8 and channels = 3 implies that you have an RGB image, with 8 bits
per pixel; 8 * 3 = 24 bits per pixel (or true colour) image.

This sounds sensible, but can anyone with greater experience validate this?
If anyone disagree, I'll add it in the docs.

Best regards,
Damien Seguy