Hi!

There was a thread some months ago, about making a naming
convention of the manual packages.

No look at the names:

manual.txt.gz
bigmanual.html.gz
manual.tar.gz
manual.tar.bz2
manual.zip
manual.pdf
manual_doc.pdb
manual_isilo.pdb
manual.chm

There is no convention in these names. With palm formats,
we use _, for the txt version we use ., for the big html
version, we use bigmanual.... Etc.

We should include that

 - this is the PHP manual
 - what format it is
 - what language it is

Maybe eg:

php_manual_en_txt.gz
php_manual_en_bightml.gz
php_manual_en_html.tar.gz
php_manual_en_html.tar.bz2
php_manual_en_html.zip
php_manual_en_doc.pdb
php_manual_en_isilo.pdb
php_manual_en_pdf.gz
php_manual_en_pdf.bz2
php_manual_en_pdf.zip
php_manual_en.chm

Note, that we will host ziped versions
of the PDF docs, because of the huge sizes
(see the letter of Jouni about this subj).

Also we need to include somehow what date
this particular manual was built. There
should be a date part on the frontpage of
the manuals, maybe even a generated.txt in
the ziped versions, with the generated date.

We need to make a convention, as there will
be more formats (now the three pdf compressions).

Goba