On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Hojtsy Gabor wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I try to test that XML->PDF generation but get the folowing error:
>
>   Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>   org/apache/tools/ant/Main
>
> What do I need to install to make this class be defined???

You shouldn't need ant for running FOP, it's just one of the tools used if
you actually compile FOP yourself. At least I think so, because I got FOP
working without adding ant to my classpath.

This probably won't help much, because you are running Windows, but I'm
attaching the script I use for running FOP anyway. Maybe you can get at
least some ideas on how to make it work on Windows.

-- Jouni

#!/bin/sh
FOP_HOME=/home/staff/jah/xslt/Fop-0.19.0-CVS

java -mx312m -cp
${FOP_HOME}/fop.jar:${FOP_HOME}/lib/batik.jar:${FOP_HOME}/lib/xalan-2.0.0.jar:${FOP_HOME}/lib/xerces-1.2.3.jar:${FOP_HOME}/lib/jimi-1.0.jar
 org.apache.fop.apps.Fop "$@"