OK, it seems my words were not clear. So rewording.

> >  - the problem of entities (global.ent) as used in some old
> >    translations and the main tree (deletes can make unbuildable
> >    manuals)
>
> If you speak from old translations, so translate the other languages
> yourself.

It is not that I would like to do all the translations. This
is a problem (like the translation of function files), that need
to be mentioned. This is not a negative grading of translators
working on some xml files. It is a fact, that this is a problem.
Please _do not_ see this as an attack. There are problems with those
entities and so with links to nonexistent XML ids. These are
problems that should be discussed.

> >  - Extending docbook with namespaces. Also with drawbacks (design
> >    validity testing and other problems mentioned by Jirka).
>
> I have said that extending DocBook is not allwowed.

So reworded: using namespaces to define tags, and use them
along DocBook tags. This is exaclty not extending DocBook,
but defining a DTD for our custom elements and use those
two DTDs (DocBook and PHPDoc) side-by-side.

Although I am __not__ speaking of extending DocBook,
there is a chapter about "Customizing DocBook", in
"DocBook: The definitive Guide". This customizing is what
Jirka is talking about. So for DocBook it is allowed.

It is our job to decide, whether we choose customizing
or another way. I am against customizing DocBook this
way, so we are on the same side (and so Hartmut, as
I can see in this PDF).

Goba