ID: 10172
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Documentation problem
Operating System: RH 7.0
PHP Version: 4.0 Latest CVS (04/04/2001)
New Comment:

Well, I suppose it is a documentation problem of sorts ... but my preference would be
for the get_class() function to be consistent, regardless of whether the class is
user-defined or extention-defined.

Any reason why this shouldn't be consistent?

- Colin

[2001-11-21 19:35:55] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

get_class() only returns user defined classes in lowercase.

Classes defined in extensions are returned in their original notation.

Making this a documentation problem.

[2001-04-04 20:41:34] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

get_class() is documented to return the class/object name in lowercase.

This isn't the case for DomText, DomDocument, etc. objects.  In these cases,
get_class() returns the StudyCaps version of the object name.

- Colin

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=10172&edit=1