From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Linux
PHP version:      4.1.0
PHP Bug Type:     Documentation problem
Bug description:  setcookie behavoir changed in 4.1 from previous versions

The behavoir of the setcookie function changed in 4.1.0 even though no such
change was documented in the changelog.  This had the effect of disabling
an application of mine until I figured out what happened.

In PHP <4.1.0, the code:

 setcookie("cookiename","");

would delete the cookie 'cookiename'.

In PHP 4.1.0, this function created a cookie with a null value named
cookiename.

I know this is a rather silly change, and you wouldn't expect someone to
ever specify a blank value in the second argument, but it did cause a short
downtime in our website  software.

I posted this on the setcookie() manual page but it was rejected on grounds
that it was more of a bug report than anything, so I thought I'd post it
here.

Thanks

Sean
--