From: "Philip Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > BTW which problems do you have building the HTM manual locally?
>
> In doing this:
>
>   make clean; autoconf; ./configure; make html > junk 2>&1
>
> The first few lines of 'junk' is as follows.  I used to have this
> problem with 'make test' until jim's patch 1.99 on Makefile.ini
> titled "don't make test targets depend on funcindex.xml, since
that
> depends on quickref.txt, and generation of that is forced."  Looks
> related.

I have now made a test myself with my old system. If you have a
correct DocBook installation, you should see no errors.

I have done it with:

cd phpdoc
cvs -z3 update -dP
autoconf
./configure
make

I gets only one warning: recreating the function index needs php
which was not found by configure - reusing old file.

Indeed I have no php executable on that system. It could be, that
"make clean" removes a needed old file. I donīt know which file is
missing because I never use "make clean" :)

-Egon