> > I have already contacted Rasmus about expanding the Getting Started
> > section with inclusion of php.net/tut.php, and addig more newcomers
> > info stuff... This would make Getting Started to legally be a standalone
> > master part.
>
> The tutorial is a bit small. Id really like to have something like
> http://www.koehntopp.de/php/ in the manual (URL is in German!).

This is an FAQ, not an intro. IMHO we have many info in the language
reference section about the language, we just need to write up some
small intro first, starting with tut.php. I think the intro part is
not the right place to write things like the Zend Intro to PHP (link
on tut.php), because we do not need duplicates of control structures,
variables, types descriptions... IMHO it would be nice to have a small
intro part (though bigger than the current what is php) first.

One more thing I missed is WS fixes :) As we move the files, change
some major docbook tags, its just the time to fix all WS problems in
those files (tab -> spaces) and indent XML from the 0. column. Now
the files are just breakups of the install.xml content, so eg. XML
tags are indented with two spaces first in eg. install.unix.xml

Goba