On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 03:54, Gabor Hojtsy wrote:

> [...]

It's actually intentional. I didn't put it there, but it's a fairly
common term. From the Jargon File:

  http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/automagically.html

  automagically /aw-toh-maj'i-klee/ adv.

  Automatically, but in a way that, for some reason (typically because
  it is too complicated, or too ugly, or perhaps even too trivial),
  the speaker doesn't feel like explaining to you. See magic. "The
  C-INTERCAL compiler generates C, then automagically invokes cc(1) to
  produce an executable."

  This term is quite old, going back at least to the mid-70s in jargon
  and probably much earlier. The word `automagic' occurred in
  advertising (for a shirt-ironing gadget) as far back as the late
  1940s.

Cheers,

Torben

--