Hello!

On 2002-03-07 18:04:09, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Well, I prefer the fonctionnality in documentation
> or something like : gzencode($data[,$level[,$mode]])

There was an error in the documenation of gzencode(), the second
(optional) parameter wasn't the compression level, it was a
compression mode. You couldn't set the compression level with
gzencode().

So, how should it be fixed? I would like to add a third optional
parameter, so that you can also specify the compression level, but in
which order should the optional parameters be used?

Should it look like gzencode($data[,$level[,$mode]]) or
gzencode($data[,$mode[,$level]]) ? The first solution would change the
gzencode() function with 2 parameters to work like in the
documentation, the second solution would keep the actual behaviour in
contrast to the documentation (which was wrong, the prototype was
correct).

How should we proceed?

  Stefan

--
Stefan Röhrich               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                 http://www.roehri.ch/~sr/