ID:               9986
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Windows 2000 server (probably al
 PHP Version:      4.0.4pl1
-Assigned To:
+Assigned To:      imajes
 New Comment:

didn't think this needed to be said, but ok, I'll add it in when i
finish rewriting the windows install docs.

[2001-03-26 02:41:40] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the installation documentation for Windows ISAPI, I read nothing
about the importance of placing PHP in a directory without spaces. I
placed PHP in "c:\program files\php". Entering the path to the DLL is
accepted in IIS if you use quotes, BUT it will result in a "Specified
module not found" error. Moving the ISAPI DLL to a directory like
"c:\winnt\system32" and directing IIS there works.

Many people have this problem, as I've ready it on numerous forums...
So please help them out and mention it clearly in the installation
documentation!

Thanks,
Simon

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=9986&edit=1